#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} #header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;}

Monday, August 3, 2020

the kea

Kea: The Clever Clown of the Alps – Milford Sound
I choose kea as my mascot bird because it is one of the most  intelligent bird in the world. They are about 48 cm long.
It is the only alpine parrot in the world and is native to New zealand. There has been reports of them attacking farmer’s sheep and stealing food from people.
I saw some when we went through arthurs pass on the way to greymouth. The males have around 20% more mass than females. Some common estimates for population is 1,000 to 7,000. Kea’s used to get bounty hunted to protect sheep but it was outlawed in 1971.

1 comment:

  1. Great choice of bird mascot and it was interesting to read that they had a bounty on them that ceased in 1971. Can you include the best image you can find with a Kea and acknowledge where you sourced the image please. Well done Luke - you are one of only a few in the class who have finished this.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.